Chocolate waffles with peanut butter yogurt sauce! Yes, please!
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup gluten free baking flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons turbinado/raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
For the peanut butter sauce
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Chocolate Bacon Waffles!
- WAFFLE BATTER
- 2 Cups Bisquick mix
- 1 1/3 Cups milk
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 Ounces bacon, crispy
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Syrup, for serving
- Add bacon strips to a skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy. You want the strips very crispy, as they won’t cook further in the waffle. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove bacon onto a few paper towels to let drain.
- Stir together batter ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat your waffle iron and add a thin layer of batter to the iron. The exact amount will vary depending on your iron model. I add about 1/3 cup of batter in my large iron.
- Top the batter with big strips of bacon and chocolate chips.
- Add another layer of batter on top of the filling. It’s okay if the batter overflows a bit.
- Close the iron and cook as directed by the iron instructions.
- Remove waffle and serve immediately with syrup and topped with extra chocolate chips!