Happy National Pizza Day Everyone!
Last night Sam Smith WON the Grammy’s! So, today I decided to celebrate him and well of course our love for pizza! I know that I am not alone!
It’s all about portion control!
and I hope pizza today….
but I guess don’t order Papa Johns
Sam is EVERYTHING!
Here are some yummy Pizza Recipes!
- 2 lbs italian bread (round loaf)
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil (crisco)
- 11/2 tsps dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (chopped and, or 1/2 cup black olives)
- 6 ozs feta cheese (crumbled)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut two 1/2 inch thick rounds horizontally from center of bread (reserve remaining bread for another use.) Brush bread rounds on both sides with olive oil. Place on baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
Combine oregano, red pepper flakes and mozzarella cheese. serve 1/2 cup of cheese mixture. Divide remaining seasoned cheese evenly atop toasted bread rounds.
Sprinkle each with tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Top with remaining seasoned cheese.
Return to oven. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheeses melt and crusts arecrisp.
Don’t forget about the….