(above grilled burger with balsamic glaze, mayo, sriracha, shredded lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions, cheese, and mustard)
Spring is here it is time to clean off the grill for BURGERS!
- Your favorite blend of ground beef.
- I used an 80/20 blend because I think the extra fat makes them juicy.
- Real bacon bits.
- Or crumbled up bacon that you have made.
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- Steak seasoning – or your favorite burger seasoning blend.
- Your favorite buns and accompaniments
Season your hamburger meat well, just the way you usually make them. Make the middle portion of a patty thinner than the edges.
Start filling. I am adding some bacon for a great smoky flavor
Add in some grape tomatoes that have been quartered. I chose these because they are super sweet, and also because they don’t have a lot of liquid in them to make anything soggy. Choose whichever type you like best.
Add in some pieces of lovely fresh mozzarella.
Add in some fresh basil that you have cut into ribbons. Cut them as small or large as you would like. Totally your choice. Just be careful to keep all of your fillings in the center portion. I seasoned up the middle of the patty as well. I used Montreal Steak Seasoning, but you can use any brand or seasoning blend that you like.Do the same thing with another patty… thin in the middle, thicker on the edges. Mold and seal the pieces of meat together.Get your grill really hot and throw them on.Grill them
Cheddar BLT Burgers with Tarragon Russian Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
12 ounces thickly sliced bacon
1 1/3 pounds ground beef chuck
1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 6 slices
6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
6 iceberg lettuce leaves
6 slices of tomato
6 slices of red onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, red wine vinegar, onion, parsley, tarragon and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain and cut the bacon into large pieces.
- Light a grill and fill a large bowl with ice water. Gently mix the ground chuck with the ground sirloin, salt and pepper. Form the meat into six 4-inch patties, about 1 1/4 inches thick. Submerge the patties in the cold water and let soak for 30 seconds. Immediately transfer the burgers to the grill and brush with some of the melted butter. Grill over high heat for 9 minutes for medium-rare meat, turning once or twice and brushing occasionally with butter. Top the burgers with the cheese during the last minute of grilling and let melt.
- Spread the Russian dressing on the buns. Set the lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the bottom halves and top with the burgers, red onion and bacon. Close the burgers, cut in half and serve right away.
Random Grill GIf
One thought on “BURGERS BURGERS BURGERS!”