1 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 quarts oil for frying
1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Don’t have a deep fryer? Try this recipe!
Churro cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting
Yield: Makes approx. 20 cupcakes
- 2 egg yolks + 1 egg at room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar to top cupcakes—
- 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp sugar mixed together in a small bowl
Random drinking to much at the Cinco de Mayo party!
4 thoughts on “Something Sweet! Churros for Cinco de Mayo!”
Omg, I love Churros! I can’t wait to try this out!
I hope you enjoyed them!
Can I use brown sugar instead of this sugar?
Sorry it took me like three months to reply! Brown sugar gives it more flavor, but I don’t think sugar would change a thing! I would try it!