- 1 pound short cut pasta (use gluten free if needed)
- 3/4 cup or store bought pesto
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto OR 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup kalamata and or green olives
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 ears , kernels removed
- 1 ripe peach or nectarine, diced (or 1 cup of your favorite fruit)
- 1 cup heirloom or regular cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8-12 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 6-8 ounces mozzarella, cubed or in balls
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh sprouts
- smoked salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente, drain.
Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the basil pesto, sun-dried tomato pesto, juice of 1 lemon, olives, red peppers, corn kernels, peach or nectarine, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and a pinch of smoked salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Add the hot pasta and a little drizzle of olive oil. Toss well to combine. Top with toasted sunflower seeds and fresh sprouts. Serve warm or at room temperature, but my family personally loves this warm. The salad can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. I have found that the longer it sits, the more flavorful it gets.
Memorial Day Cupcakes
A little music to play while you are celebrating Memorial Day!