The Back to School Sanity Saver!
Save some money through out the year with a little DIY!
Buy a four pack of sponges soak them, wrap them, and lay flat in the freezer. Repeat! Through out the year your kiddos will lose their Minion freezer pack, mark my words!
This video below shows that DIY school supplies can glitter like gold
Food Glorious Food
Kids love things that are mini’s, it always tastes better!
Mini Grilled Cheese
1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (each tomato will yield about 5-6 slices)
Kraft Singles Cheese, 1 slice per sandwich, cut or folded into sixths
butter, about 1 tablespoon per sandwich Grill as you please
Make the kiddos first day of school sweet! Save the healthy breakfasts for all the other days! They will be so excited for this!
- 1⅓ cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2⅓ cups milk
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons half & half cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cake mix. Set aside. In another small bowl, mix together the oil, eggs and milk. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in the sprinkles. Batter will be thick. (If you’d like thinner pancakes, you can add a bit more milk.)
- Heat a griddle to about 275 degrees. Spray the griddle with cooking spray. Ladle the pancake batter onto the hot pan and cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side.
- This recipes makes about 22 5″ pancakes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, softened butter, cream and vanilla. This frosting will be at a spreadable consistency. If you’d like to drizzle the frosting, microwave the frosting for about 10 seconds and stir, then drizzle over the pancakes. Double the frosting recipe, if desired.
Shop Shop Shop from Home
Save time and money by shopping online! You can compare prices easily, and it is easier to find that one item on the school list!
Does your kiddo want something unique? Think Geek!
Star Wars R2-D2 Lunch Bag with Sound
My buddy the droid
- Your favorite astromech droid, in lunch bag form
- Push button for beeps, boops, and lights
- 100% PVC and BPA free for your nomming safety
There has been speculation amongst the scientific community that the Minecraft Periodic Table of Elements has almost entirely failed to include any real scientific data to support their placement and grouping of all elements except water, or Aq.
I hope I helped save some of your sanity! STAY STRONG!
You can do it!
I have faith in you!
Just don’t be this dad…or DO!