One of my fave things about living in Colorado is the abundance of delicious peaches
It is so fun picking them out, the fragrance is so sweet
Peach Crisp Recipe
- 3 1/2 lbs peaches (about 6-8) peeled, cored and sliced about 3/4in thick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small chunks
- Add the sliced peaches to a medium size bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar and toss to coat. Allow peaches to sit for about 20 minutes, to allow the sugar to pull some of the juice out of them.
- Meanwhile, make the crumb topping by combining all ingredients. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the peaches, reserving the peach juice, and placing the peaches in a large bowl. Measure out 1/4 cup of the peach juice and add it to a small bowl (you can discard the rest, or drink it because it’s delicious!). Stir in the flour, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Pour mixture over peaches and toss to combine. Pour peaches into a 8×8” or similar size dish. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
How to freeze peaches
- peel peaches and cut into slices
- add lemon juice (about 10 peaches to one lemon, give or take)
- line baking sheet with wax paper, place peaches on sheet and freeze over night
- Then place the peaches into freezer bag
- Keeps for 3 months
- use them for smoothies or another peach crisp!
I hope you are enjoying the end of summer!